Real-Time PPM (more...)
This statistic measures the number of trains which arrived at their destination in the following time bands:
- Within 5 minutes (or 10 minutes for long-distance services) of their scheduled arrival time
- Between 5/10 and 30 minutes of their schedule arrival time
- More than 30 minutes of their scheduled arrival time, or cancelled
The raw data used is generated by Network Rail and presented here without alteration.
Right Time (more...) BETA
This statistic measures the number of trains which arrived at their destination early, or within 59 seconds of their scheduled arrival time.
The figures are calculated as follows:
- All in-service passenger trains (Class 1, 2 and 9) are measured
- A train which is cancelled is categorised as "Late"
- Any train which is part-cancelled is measured by the arrival time at the point at which it was cancelled
The total number of trains shown here may vary from the Real-Time PPM figures due to slight differences in the way the metrics are calculated.
This statistic shows a breakdown of the reasons that trains have been cancelled, aggregated in to eleven groups:
- Infrastructure (INF)
- Rolling Stock (T+RS)
- Network Rail Operations (PROD)
- Network Rail Non-Operational (COMM)
- Stations (STN)
- Train Operators (TOC)
- Passenger's Charter Excludable (Network Rail)
- Passenger's Charter Excludable (Train Operator)
- Reactionary (REAC)
- Unexplained (UNEX)